Thursday 9 November 2017

Lush Christmas 2017


Hey guys! A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be invited down to the Lush Christmas Event, where I got to see the Christmas collection, watch demos of the new products, and even made a Butterbear bath bomb!
Butterbear Bath Bomb 
We all know how products in general tend to be so over-packaged, and around Christmas there is even more waste. This year, Lush has expanded their range of 'Naked' products to help reduce this waste. What this means is that certain products come with no packaging at all. With the Christmas range, there are now 'Naked' shower gels, lip scrubs, body conditioners and a shower cream available. The lip scrubs do come in a little cardboard box for storage, but the rest of the products are completely free of packaging.

Santa Baby Naked Lip Scrub
I just ran out of my Bubblegum lip scrub a couple of weeks ago so I picked up one of the naked ones on Monday and so far I really love it! As much as I love the scrubs in the jars, it is such a pain to get the product out of the jar sometimes and I find the solid version much easier to use, plus it's better for the environment!


Other than the naked products, Lush has the usual assortment of Christmas themed bath bombs, bubble bars, shower gels/creams, gift sets etc. We've got the Candy Mountain bubble bar, the Snowman bubbleroon, and the Magic Wand reusable bubble bar, to name a few. 

I went back a couple of days after the event and picked the Santa's Christmas Shower Cream and the new Snow Fairy Jelly Bomb (which turns the water jelly-ish).


I love the shower cream so much: it smells amazing (cola!) and it's super moisturising. The only qualm I have with this product is that I find it difficult to actually get product out of the bottle in the shower. Next time I am definitely going to go with the naked version.


I have to be honest, I was a little bit disappointed with the Snow Fairy Jelly Bomb. I was expecting it to turn the water a little more jelly like than it did, because the demo at the event the jelly water was a good bit thicker. Of course, the demo was in a much smaller body of water, but I was still hoping for a little more. On the plus side though, it smells incredible!


Also launched with the range are the sparkle jars. These are essentially massage bars, with glitter inside them. You just poke holes into the dimples and shake out the glitter! 


At the end of the event, I was gifted The Man in the Moon gift set so I could try out some of the Christmas products. All of the products smell incredible and I can't wait to use them (I've already used up the Magic of Christmas bubble bar!).

Top Row, Left to Right: Twilight Shower Gel, Rocket Science Bath Bomb, Man in the Moon Bubble Bar, The Magic of Christmas Reusable Bubble Bar
Bottom Row, Left to Right: Twilight Sparkle Jar, Twilight Bath Bomb, Sleepy Body Lotion, Shoot for the Stars Bath Bomb

I want to say a huge thank you to Lush for inviting me down to the event. I had a great evening trying out the range, seeing the products in action, and chatting with Hannah from Lush PR and the Grafton Street store staff members!



No comments:

Post a Comment