Wednesday 11 January 2017

2016 Favourites, Part 2!


Hey guys! As promised, today I have part 2 of my 2016 favourites to share. This part is all the non-beauty related things I loved in 2016. I've got TV shows, movies, apps, and more to share!





Beginning with movies, the first film of the year that I loved was Disney's Zootopia/Zootropolis. I loved the message of the film, of how we shouldn't be biased against a group of society based on the actions of a few, which is something that's really relevant to today's world. Other than that, the characters were so adorable (especially Mr. Big!). 



Next up, Finding Dory. Now, I wasn't the biggest fan of Finding Nemo (especially after having to watch it in German) but the sequel I really enjoyed. Baby Dory is so adorable and I loved that we were back-tracking with Dory to figure out where her parents were. 


I'm a huge Marvel fan, but I unsurprisingly loved Doctor Strange. The main thing I enjoyed about the film was how different it was to the other Marvel films, which gave the franchise a breath of fresh air. If you feel you're getting slightly bored of the Marvel formula, I would definitely suggest giving this a watch!


Having grown up watching and reading Harry Potter, I was so excited when it was announced they were making a spin-off series. Fantastic Beasts definitely did not disappoint! It's creative and action packed, and I love that they included a muggles heavily - it gave us an insight of what they would think of magic were they exposed to it (or suspected it!).


Finally, we come to Moana. As you can probably tell, I am a massive Disney fan! I loved Moana so much - I loved the strong resolve of the title character, the plot of the film and, of course, the music! The only thing I would have liked to see more of was Pua, the adorable pig. He was featured heavily in the movie's advertising and merchandising, but was barely in the film!


Moving on to television shows, Jane the Virgin was a show I had started watching in 2015 with my mother but had to stop at the time because it was right in the middle of exams. I revisited it in the summer and became obsessed! For anyone that doesn't know, it follows a young woman who gets accidentally artificially inseminated. It's set up like a telenovela, so everything is really exaggerated and over the top, making the situations poor Jane (and her family) go through so hilarious! Unfortunately, season 2 isn't up on Netflix here (I missed it on tv) but I got watched it all when I went to America in November. I can't wait until season 3 starts here!


Everyone and their mother was going on about Stranger Things in the summer, and I finally got around to watching it in October with my mother. If you love Sci-Fi/Horror, you will absolutely love this!


I watched a couple of episodes of Daredevil in 2015, but couldn't really get into it. I revisited it at the end of September, and became hooked! It definitely is a little slow at the start but it picks up around episode 5 or so. I think another reason why I loved it so much was because I was watching an episode a night just before my exams and it really relaxed me after a long, stressful day of studying.


I mentioned already in my February favourites how much I enjoyed Batman Arkham Knight, and I can confidently say I loved Batman Arkham City just as much. They're just really fun games, and I had a blast playing both!


I've heard most people didn't really enjoy the Cursed Child but I have to say, I was a huge fan (I finished it in one night!). I loved the story (although, have to admit I didn't really like Albus Severus much), and didn't find the script layout annoying at all. I've picked up the Fantastic Beasts script book too and can't wait to read it after my exams!


I always feel like most sunglasses styles look absolutely horrendous on me, so I was really happy to find a pair that suited my face! I literally wanted to wear them everyday once I got them!


This portable charger from Penneys has been an absolute lifesaver this year! Ever since Pokemon Go launched, this has been a necessity if I'm ever going out anywhere because the game really takes a toll on my phone's battery.
I picked up these Disney Villain socks in Macys and have been obsessed with them since, they just make me so happy!


Two apps that have been my favourites this year are Disney Tsum Tsum and Pokemon Go. I started playing Tsum Tsum at the end of 2015 and became so addicted! The characters are so cute and the game itself is so fun, especially when they have events running (they're currently holding a Cinderella themed event!).

Pokemon Go has been a favourite this year for a few reasons. Firstly, and most obviously, it's fun! Secondly, the nostalgia that comes with it is so strong. I grew up watching Pokemon, collecting Pokemon cards, and playing the games on my GameBoy and Nintendo DS. Thirdly, it was such a huge stress reliever when I was studying! I'd go on a short walk every afternoon and it kept me entertained. The last reason, which I think might be the biggest reason for me, was how much it has provided me with a way to bond with certain family members: my older sister, who I get competitive with. My younger brother, who I introduced to Pokemon a couple of years back. My aunt, who I just visited, who is just as obsessed (maybe more, actually) with the game. And finally, my grandmother, who from the beginning was always so interested in what I caught or hatched. When she was leaving for England in August, she mentioned that she wouldn't get to see my new Pokemon, but I told her I'd send her a picture on Whatsapp every time I caught something new. When she came back, I'd go on walks with her and my grandfather, and if something I needed appeared, she'd tell me to run and get it!

And now, the final thing(s) on my list, my Funko Pops! I started the year off with only one, but by the end I had 12! Each of them are so special to me, because they're all characters I adore and, with the exceptions of Harley Quinn and BB-8, have adored since I was a child. I'm really hoping they release more Disney ones soon, especially some from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, which I was obsessed with as a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment