Wednesday 28 December 2016

America Haul 2016!

Hi everyone! Today I have a little American beauty haul to share with you guys. I was in Chicago and Wisconsin last month and picked up a few things! Also, I know I've been MIA since March, but bear with me, it's been a busy couple of months with college, a wedding and post-grad exams (which I still have a few left to do in March!). I'll have a few posts here and there until March, and then I'll be on a proper weekly-post or twice-weekly schedule!





I picked up the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer from Ulta. Kathleenlights on Youtube always raves about how incredible this bronzer is, so I had been wanting it for a while and finally picked it up. So far, I've really been enjoying it: I love how its very neutral in tone, and how subtle it is on my skin tone. It also smells divine, half the time I'm tempted to eat it!

If you're fairer than I am, it'll show up more on your skin, but if you're any darker you're going to have a hard time getting it to show and, unfortunately, it only comes in the one shade so you may want to skip this.  


Also from Ulta, I picked up the IT cosmetics crease brush. I had been looking for a similar brush from Sephora, but that had been discontinued so I picked this up instead. So far, so good: it's really soft, and is a really nice brush all around.

The last thing I got from Ulta was the Physicians Formula Ergonomic Felt Tip Liner. Again, this was a Youtube influenced purchase, and another that I'm really happy with. It's so easy to do liner because of the shape of the product, and I haven't accidentally drawn my liner too thick with this (which is something I ALWAYS struggle with). The only downside to this is that I find it isn't as pigmented over shadow.



We were having a browse through either Nordstrom Rack one night and I saw they had a load of discounted high end products, from Urban Decay lipsticks to Stila shadows (which I now wished I had picked up!). They also had the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Primer for only $9, which is what I walked away with.  I had been searching for the Nyx one but it was always out of stock so I was so happy to find this!

The very first place we went though (on the very day we landed!) was Sephora. I was so lucky that my trip was during the VIB Sale, and my aunt and cousins were VIBs so I got all of the following at 20% off!


The black BeautyBlender had been on my list for a while so into the basket it went! I'd heard the black one is the best, and would have picked it up in Madrid in April but they only had red and pink so I bought the red back then.


Over the past few months, there has been a lot of talk about tubing mascaras, and I had heard good things about the Blinc ones. Tubing mascaras are supposed to be really easy to remove, all you need is water and a bit of pressure and the mascara will come off in little tubes, hence the name. I picked up the volumising one, and while I adore how easy it is to remove (anyone who knows me can tell you how much I HATE taking mascara off), it doesn't really do much else for me. No matter how much I put on, it never really seems like I have mascara on. I'll try it out a little more, but so far this has been a bit of a disappointment.


The Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation has been raved about since it came out earlier this year, and with it being a water based foundation, of course I'd been dying to try this out on my dry skin for months!

I'm happy to say that so far, I love this foundation so much! The shade is a completely perfect match (Light Sand), it looks so natural on the skin, and it doesn't cling to my dry patches on my forehead! I still want to test this a little more though, for things like longevity, and once I have, I'll report back!



I repurchased the TooFaced Born This Way foundation too, not because I'd run out but because, sadly, mine was stolen at my sisters wedding (along with my blush and some of her makeup). I really love this foundation, so of course it had to be replaced. I'm glad I waited too, because of the VIB sale!


Finally, I picked up the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette. This was the one thing that wasn't actually on my list, but with the 20% off, it just made sense to buy it there instead of getting it here, which is what I was going to do.

Again, this is one of those raved about products, so of course I needed to try it out. I haven't played around with it much yet, but the one thing I have noticed is that it kicks up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in, which I'm not too delighted with because it actually wastes so much.

Well that's it for my little beauty haul! Keep an eye out for my 2016 Favourites posts over the next two weeks! Hope you all had a great Christmas, and wishing you a very happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment