Thursday 14 January 2016

2015 Favourites!




Happy New Year everyone! I know this is a little bit late, but I was away on holidays until Wednesday and haven't had time until now to write up my favourites post! Better late than never though, right?



Body & Hair


I got a tub of The Body Shop Dead Sea Salt Scrub back in August and fell in love with it instantly. It wasn't too harsh on my skin, smelled great, and actually left my skin feeling really moisturised after using.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love The Body Shop Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil. It made brushing my hair so much easier, and if you also have thick, curly hair, then you'll understand the struggle that running a brush through your hair is. Another bonus is that it smells absolutely amazing!

I've talked about both of these in a previous blog post, you can find it here.

Perfume



My top two fragrances this year have been Saphir's Vida de Saphir and The Body Shop's Italian Summer Fig. I used the Vida de Saphir almost exclusively from February to around June/July, which is when I switched over to the Italian Summer Fig, and then I switched back to the Saphir offering in September, only because I feel like the Italian Summer Fig is a more summery scent. I'm almost out of my Vida de Saphir, and will be popping into my local pharmacy to get a new one as soon as I'm out.

Brushes



The Zoeva Rose Gold Brush Set was hands down one of the best purchases I made last year. I didn't really have a lot of eye brushes before I got this set, and decided it was time to invest in some really good quality brushes. I did a little research and decided to go with the Zoeva brushes because I'd seen and heard nothing but positive reviews of them. And they did not disappoint! The brushes are all super soft, of great quality and just generally excellent at applying eyeshadow with. The set was a little pricey (€65 not including shipping) but worth every single cent.


I really loved the Etude House My Beauty Tool Secret Brush 121 for applying my foundation, even more so than my Real Techniques sponge. It made application super quick and easy, and left my foundation looking flawless every time. I did a full review on this brush, so if you want to know more about it, click here.

Face


The Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream was my go-to base product last year. Its has a really natural finish, is really light weight and smells so nice too! The coverage is light, and it was perfect for those days/events where I just wanted something more natural and light.

With the whole contouring craze, I decided to give the Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Stick Trio a go. They seemed easier to use for beginners than the standard creams/powders in pans, and they were! The shades were also perfect for my skin tone!


I really loved both the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Alluring Rose for adding a bit of warmth to my face. The Too Faced Bronzer I used mainly as a bronzer and then added more pink-toned blushes onto my cheeks, and the Max Factor Blush I used mainly as a blush, and sometimes for a really light contour.

Lips


My top lip products in 2015 were the Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipsticks in Touch of Spice (pink cap) and Divine Wine (blue cap), the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen, and Mac's Spice lip liner. Touch of Spice is such a pretty pinkish nude, it was my go to lipstick for most of 2015. I'd wear it alone, or pair it up with Spice too tone down the pink a little. I really loved dark, wine shades this year so both Copenhagen and Divine Wine got a lot of love from me last year.

Brows & Eyes


Here's the dilemma: I have black eyebrows. Black, not brown. Brown brow products, no matter how dark, always look really weird on me. Not a lot of brands seem to do black brow products, which made it difficult for me to have my brows on fleek. Thankfully, Nyx does black brow products, and they do good black brow products. I started using the Nyx Auto Eye Brow Pencil in Black a few months ago, and my brows have never looked better! I love that its black, it still gives natural looking brows (if they're black, that is. Don't go using this if you don't have black eyebrows) and there's a little brush on the other end for blending the product out.

As I mentioned in my July favourites, my Eid clothes last year were pink, purple and yellow, and I really wanted to do a purple eye look which is why I bought Mac's Designer Purple and Urban Decay's Backfire. I was blown away by how incredibly gorgeous these both were, and actually used them a lot even after Eid.


I got the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette in December 2014 and it was pretty much my go to palette for the majority of 2015. The quality of the shadows is amazing and the colours are stunning.

With the influx of new palettes into my life over the last year or two, I neglected my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, which was my first ever palette, and the only one I had for quite a long time too. It's the palette that I started learning how to apply eyeshadow with as well. I started reaching more for this palette again in 2015, when I decided to do a few cooler eye looks which reignited my love for this palette.

Skincare


For removing my makeup, I really loved the L'oreal Extraordinary Oil Facial Cleansing Oil. Just a few pumps of this massaged into the skin melted the makeup off quickly.

I have a review coming up of the Too Cool for School Egg Mousse Pack so I won't say too much about it other than it made my skin really soft and smooth.

Movies


Jurassic Park was one of my favourite films growing up, and I was initially worried when I heard (the horror of the third film still hasn't left me), but Jurassic World was, thankfully, amazing. Seeing the park open and fully operational was great, and I loved the references to the original film.


Inside Out was such a clever film, one that I think was fun for kids, but even more enjoyable for adults. I think it was a great way to educate kids on mental health, and was so thought provoking too.


I'm surprised how much I loved Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I've never really been a fan of either the original trilogy or the prequels, personally finding them a little dry and the characters kind of annoying. But The Force Awakens had a lot of great action scenes, great characters and I really enjoyed the overall plot too. I won't say more in case you haven't seen it yet, other than its great and you should definitely check it out even if you hated the other ones.

TV


I decided on a whim to watch Scream Queens, and quickly got addicted to it. It was actually pretty funny, and kept you second-guessing who the killer could be, although near the end it became a little obvious. While I was disappointed in the ending, overall I really loved this show and really, really hope it gets renewed for a second season.


There is nothing more to say about Marvel's Jessica Jones other than it is amazing, and deserves another season. Please Netflix, I need more. The cast was amazing, the plot was amazing, everything was just perfection.

Random


Isn't my Tinkerbell Funko Pop figurine adorable? I'm obsessively waiting for the Seated Stitch and Mulan ones to be released here. There's actually quite a few other ones I want too, but I am showing restraint.


So those were all of my favourite things from 2015. I'd love to know what you guys loved last year, so leave me a comment telling me what your favourites were!

No comments:

Post a Comment