Monday 9 March 2015

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush Review!

Max Factor has released some new blushes recently, the Creme Puff Blushes. There are six shades to choose from, catering to every skin tone. I was sent three to try out: Nude Mauve, Alluring Rose and Gorgeous Berries.



The first thing I want to mention is that all three of these are really pigmented. You only need to pick up a little bit of the product to get a beautiful result. They're all really build-able too, and blend super easily (living up the Max Factor's claim!). 

Nude Mauve
Nude Mauve is the lightest of the three shades that I have. It's a little hard to see on my skin tone, but it gives such a beautiful, subtle natural bit of colour to my face and is perfect for days when I'm going for a more natural look. 

Alluring Rose
Alluring Rose, which is my favourite of the three, is really great for a light contour or for warming up your face a little. It also has a bit of shimmer in it, which I only noticed showing up when my friend asked me what I was using to highlight my cheekbones (I'd used a different brush to apply it that day). 

Gorgeous Berries
Gorgeous Berries is the darkest shade of the whole range. It's the most pigmented out of the three I have, and should be used with a really light hand otherwise you'd end up looking ridiculous. When it is applied lightly, it gives a really lovely touch of colour to the cheeks.

Gorgeous Berries (Left), Alluring Rose (Centre), Nude Mauve (Right)
Alluring Rose and Nude Mauve look a bit orangey on my hand in the swatch above, but they don't look as orange on my cheeks (thankfully!)

A lot of people have compared these to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes, and while I can see that they look similar, I don't own any of the Hourglass blushes so I can't compare them myself. All I can say is that these are amazing, and well worth trying out! They're €11.49 each, and if you're looking to try more than one, I'd suggest waiting until there's a 3 for 2 offer on.

No comments:

Post a Comment