Thursday 19 February 2015

Nyx Butter Lipsticks Review

I mentioned these in my America haul a few weeks ago, and today I finally have a review for you on the Nyx Butter Lipsticks. These have been raved about on YouTube, so I'd been dying to get my hands on them for months, and finally got three while I was in Orlando (they're not yet available here).

Nyx Butter Lipstick in 'Hunk'
I picked up the shades Razzle, Hunk and Licorice. Razzle was one that I did not like at all, it didn't suit me whatsoever and kinda washed me out. I think this would fare better on fairer skin tones. I loved Hunk and Licorice though, the colours were right down my alley and suited my skin tone nicely.
Nyx Butter Lipstick in 'Razzle'

The three lipsticks had the same formula and performance: they glided on so smooth (no tugging, yay!), were super pigmented, left a slightly glossy finish, and were long lasting. I had Licorice on from 10am on Monday until around 6 (it came off in the shower), it survived lunch and lots of glasses of water with only a tiny bit of fading around the inner parts of my lips.


Nyx Butter Lipstick in 'Licorice'

All in all, I quite like these lipsticks, but they don't live up to the hype. They're good, but I don't find them ground-breaking or anything. I wish Razzle didn't look so weird on me, because it's actually a really pretty colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment