Monday 26 January 2015

American Beauty Haul Part 1: High End Makeup




Hey guys!

As some of you may know, I was in Orlando for two weeks with my family. We had a great time, and to be honest I'd love nothing more to still be there! I've a few of photos up on my instragram of our visit to Disney World and Universal Studios too, if anyone wants a look.

So, when we weren't visiting a theme park, we were out shopping. I had been making a list of beauty products I wanted to buy during our trip since we booked the flights back in June/July. Most were from drugstore brands, but I had a few high end products in the list too. I haven't tried any of these out just yet (except for Mac Heroine), but I'll have reviews of stuff up as soon as I have tested them out!



The very first thing I picked up was this Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride. I've been hearing about how great this line of blushes is for months and months, and there was no way I was leaving Sephora without picking one up.



I also picked up the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper that first trip to Sephora as it was, again, something I'd heard being raved about so much.



The next day, we went back to Mall at Millenia and I got to spend longer in Sephora, just looking around at everything. I had planned to get the Sephora Airbrush Foundation too, and so I got matched and picked up the shade Fawn. I did try this one out in the store when I got matched, and I loved the look and feel of it!



I'm still a huge nail polish junkie, and whenever I saw anyone using or raving about the Sephora Formula X polishes, it just used to torture me! I had planned to by the kit, the System, but when I was in the store, I just kinda thought it seemed gimmicky, so I just picked up a single polish instead, which was on sale for $6 (usually they cost $12.50). I got another one in Marshalls too, for $5!



I picked up two of the Two Faced Melted Lipsticks, in the shades Melted Berry and Melted Violet.


I hadn't planned to buy anything from Mac, as I was going to buy what I wanted in Dublin Airport, but Heroine was sold out and the lady at the Mac counter in the airport told me that the Nightmoth pencil was being discontinued. Whenever I mentioned this in the Mac stores in Orlando, I'd be greeted with panic at first, but then assurance that it's not being discontinued. I ended up buying both Heroine and Nightmoth because they worked out a little cheaper than buying from here.


I only bought one high end product on impulse (achievement!), which was the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Stalker. My sister was buying one and told me they were great, and that I should pick one up too.

That's all of the higher end stuff I picked up. I bought so many more drugstore products, so stay tuned for that post, coming on Thursday!

2 comments: