Friday 24 October 2014

Memebox Superbox #59 Halloween Special Unboxing




My Halloween box arrived Friday morning an I thought I'd just do a quick unboxing post! The box contains 7 full sized products, all perfect for Halloween! If you want to check out my previous Memebox unboxing, click here.

Let's get started then!



1. REVECEN Face Control Foundation 100 White 17g ($22)
Memebox says: "This unique Face Control Foundation works to cover up skin imperfections and control dull, yellow skin tone for a more refined, evenly balanced and healthier-looking complexion. However, for our Halloween Special Box, we've included this product in 'white' to help you create that whitened-out face perfect as base makeup for featuring basically anything you choose to be this Halloween! Plus, it contains natural preservatives such as green tea extracts and magnolia extracts, and thus gentle and suitable for all skin types."
I used this as the base for my Sugar Skull look (here), it was easy enough to work with. You just need to build it up to make it more opaque. It does transfer though, which is quite annoying!




2. REVECEN Cake Eye Liner Black 3.5g ($8)
Memebox says: "REVECEN's Cake Eye Liner is made into a hard-type powder formula which can be used as an eyeshadow, but when mixed with a little bit of water, it turns into a gel-type eye liner and you can control how gel-like it is by regulating the water concentration. Use a thin brush or paint brush to paint things like a spider's web or a devil's eye on your face."
When I first opened this up, I was so disappointed. Just a boring black eyeshadow, and one that wasn't at all pigmented too? No thanks. But then I read the little information card and tried it with a bit of water. I was really impressed by it! once you dip your wet brush in and give it a few swirls, it becomes quite pigmented. It doesn't smudge either, which is always a big plus. The only annoying thing is that it dries really quickly, so I had to keep running back to the bathroom to wet the brush. It washes off easily with soap, which is great too!
I used this for my Sugar Skull makeup too. I kept a little cup of water with me so I could keep wetting the brush. Really happy with how it worked for that!
TL;DR: As an eyeshadow it's pretty crap, but as an eyeliner/facepaint it's pretty good.




3. REVECEN Supra Lining Color 007 Purple 17g ($30)
Memebox says: "This Supra Lining Color is a real face and body paint and its color formation, gentle formula and lasting strength is highly acknowledged and well-loved by Korean beauty explorers who enjoy experimenting with different items for creating various eye, lip and facial makeup looks (especially for Halloween!)."
I tried this out under my eyes, blended out it creates such realistic dark circles, perfect for a zombie look!




4. REVECEN Eye Lash ($6)
Memebox says: "Thick, exaggerated, and glittery fake lashes for this Halloween? REVECEN boosts many lash types and its gentle acrylic emulsion for adhering the fake lashes over your own. Maintain your lashes healthy and strong while beautifying with these lovely accentuations!"
Saving these for Halloween!




5. REVECEN Liquid Lipstick Blood 8ml ($16)
Memebox says: "There's no need to purchase a bottle of fake blood this year with REVECEN's newly formulated Liquid Lipstick in blood color! Specially designed to resemble liquid blood, this lipstick can be used not only for creating that bloody lip makeup but also for painting blood gushing out of your eyes and mouth or for featuring a fake scar."
I haven't used this as lipgloss/fake blood yet, but did use this for my sugar skull look too! It looked great and all, but never really dried so it transferred like crazy on my hand when I touched my face when I was washing it all off.




6. Elizavecca Lip Tattoo ($14)
Memebox says: "Ever though of getting a tattoo on your lips? Completely waterproof and lasting for more than 8 hours without any smudges whatsover, Elizavecca's Lip Tattoo offers you a fun, unique beauty item to play around with this Halloween. Indulge in deep wine or a dark burgundy colored lip tattoo!"
These are disappointing. If you're going to include a lip tattoo, include one with a crazy pattern or something, not a solid colour that I can get in the form of a lipstick or lipgloss!




7. LALANC Real Tattoo ($5)
Memebox says: " LALANC's fashion Real Tattoos are easy to apply, long-lasting, waterproof, and actually look like real tattoos. Pick out a skull, a wing, or even an anchor and tattoo it right beside your eyes, on your neck, over your wrist, or wherever you want to add a special finish to your Halloween concept."
I love me some temporary tattoos! I've got the crown one on the bottom right applied right now, photo here!


All in all, I did quite enjoy this box, especially the tattoos and the gel liner. I'm expecting my next box to arrive in the next two weeks (yes, I ordered a *few* more boxes!), so keep your eyes peeled for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment