Friday 10 October 2014

Memebox Jackpot Box Unboxing





I've been hearing a lot about Memebox over the last few months from various YouTubers and bloggers. I'd been tempted to try it out for a while now, and I finally got myself a box when they launched the Jackpot Box back in August.





Memebox is korean beauty box service, filled with korean skincare, makeup and haircare products. I've been loving Korean beauty products for a while now, and that's mainly why I decided to go for Memebox as opposed to the likes of any of the other hundred or so beauty boxes out there.

The Jackpot boxes claimed to hold products with a total value of $155 to $1000, with the former being the value of the ninth place box and the latter of the first place box. I got the fifth place box, which Memebox says is worth $209. The box only cost $34, including shipping, so whatever place box you got, you got more than what you were paying for.



Now, onto the unboxing...




1. IOPE Lip & Cheek 01 Rose Pink 4g ($42)
Memebox says: "A dual item for both lips and cheeks, this rosy lip & cheek stein comes in a neat, compact packaging with a mirror as well. Blend it into your lips and cheeks to add more color and radiance to your overall complexion."
This was one of my favourite items from the box. It gives a pretty pink colour to both lips and cheeks, and it's really easy to apply too. I've used this both as a cream blush and on my lips, it's a really nice product.


2. IOPE Essential Moisture Relief Cream 50ml ($87)
Memebox says: "A light-textured moisturizing cream especially suitable for the summer time, the Essential Moisture Relief Cream soothes, moisturizes, and tightens up the dried, worn-out skin overnight for a refreshing revitalized condition the next morning." 
This cream is really hydrating. It's absolutely freezing when you apply it to skin and I got quite the shock when I first applied it.



3. 3W CLINIC Collagen Make-up Base 50ml ($30)
Memebox says: "This silicon type Collagen Make-up Base contains blemish-control powder components for matting out and preparing the skin condition before foundation application. The high level of adherence and long-lasting formula helps maintain your makeup silky smooth all day long."
I love the smell of this primer, I can't quite place it, but it really reminds me of something. In terms of packaging, I think the glass bottle and pump features are quite nice. The pump is a bit stiff though, and when you finally get it to work you always end up with too much product.




4. COTTERANG Aesthetic Reparative-K Cream 20g ($43)

Memebox says: "A facial cream for soothing and nourishing stimulated skin, the Aesthetic Reparative-K Cream is packed with high concentrates of centella asiatica extracts, jojoba oil, sunflower seed oil, and gold extracts. Its soothing formula works to hydrate and calm reddened, sensitive skin by creating a protective layer on top and also by instigating skin regeneration." 
I haven't had a chance to try this yet, so I can't really say much about it.





5. COTTERANG Panda Eye Essence Mask 3ml*3ea ($9)
Memebox says: "Made from pure vitamin C, vitamin E, and various fermented components – honey, beans, mistletoe, licorice, and bacillus – the Panda Eye Essence Mask brightens up the skin tone and treats fine lines & wrinkles, for moist eye contours."
The packaging for these are just so cute! I love using under eye masks, so I'm really excited to try these out!





6. ABELLE So Hot-Burning Concentrate Ampoule 20ml ($24)
Memebox says: "A unique hair ampoule that warms up all by itself and absorbs deeply into your hair, this highly concentrated ampoule is made from E.G.F, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed collagen, and hydrolyzed silk which all work to strengthen the hair cuticle and make your hair shine with a natural glow."
Another product I haven't tried yet. I think I may try this out over the weekend, it sounds pretty interesting!





7. T.P.O No-Wash Toner Sheet 30 pieces ($14)
Memebox says: "T.P.O’s toner sheet is perfect for quick makeup fix-ups, for removing makeup residues, or even for refreshing and moisturizing dry skin throughout the day. There’s no need for double cleansing with this item because it’ll quickly and easily cleanse away any skin impurities with just a single swipe."
Not much to say about these, they're just your average makeup wipes. I don't think they're particularly special or anything.





8. HAIR+ Velvet Nutri-Injection 12ml ($5)
Memebox says: "For all those damaged hairs out there, the Velvet Nutri-Injection is here to save the day! There’s absolutely no need to rinse after application. Simply apply it throughout your hair, especially the damaged ends, after towel drying, and experience results of a hair clinic program!"
My hair gets quite dry so looking forward to using this.





9. SULLOC Water+ 7.8g ($6)
Randomly selected from Happy Sweet, Lemon Lime, Cherry Punch, Red Cafe

Memebox says: "The Sulloc Water+ contains 180mg of catechins which are potent antioxidants most active in green tea, 2.5mg of pantothenic acid, and an antioxidant level equivalent to 12 full tomatoes. Feel lighter, younger, and more vital with what Water+ has to offer!"
I tried the Lemon Lime one out. The instructions on the box tell you to add the powder to 500ml of water, but doing so just gives you a hint of lemon/lime taste. It's not bad tasting, but I think for the other two sachets I'm going to put in less water so the taste really comes through.


Overall, I do wish there was a better balance of beauty and skin care. I like the box well enough, but I do wish there were more make-up products included. 

I've already ordered 3 more boxes (oops!): the Halloween box, the Tony Moly box, and the Etude House box (because I love me some Etude House!).  I got an email this morning informing me that my Halloween box is on its way, so expect an unboxing of that soon!


3 comments:

  1. Nice I can't wait for the Etude one XD the hair products sound very interesting because I have dry hair too so let me know how good they were xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! How long did you have to wait for your box to arrive? Mine was meant to be shipped out on the 16th of Sept and I'm still waiting, I emailed them and they said my number was wrong so sent them a new one! Do you think its worth getting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes just over a week for them to get to me. I got an email saying my Halloween one was shipped last Thursday and it arrived today. When did they say they were sending out the new one and did they send an email confirmation saying it was shipped?

      On if it's worth getting, I think it's different for each box. This one was worth it I think, because you were getting much more than you paid for. The Halloween one I think I could have skipped, but I haven't really played around with anything from that box yet so I don't know how much I like the products yet.
      The Etude House and Tony Moly ones though? I already know they are worth getting :P

      Delete