Friday 5 July 2013

Barry M Swatches + Essie 'Matte About You'

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late post, it's been a pretty crazy week. I started my summer course on Monday and have had a bunch of stuff to do, so I didn't really get time to post. I had done all the swatches on Sunday night but I was way to tired to put a post together by the time I had finished.

Well without further ado, here are the swatches:

First of all, Barry M's Acid Yellow. Now, to be completely honest, I think this colour is quite hideous. All I could think while I was putting this on was 'I can see why this was only £1.49'. It's so ugly! It also took 3 coats to get kinda opaque. Still, it may come in handy for nail art someday.

The next one I tried was the gold foil polish. I really really loved this one. It only needed one coat and it dried so fast! Application was also really easy. I'd really recommend this polish if you don't already have it!

The same applied to the silver: 1 coat, fast drying, easy application. I simply adore these polishes!

This was the polish I got free with my purchase of all the other ones. I used 2 coats but I think this really needed a third coat to get it really opaque. In terms of colour, it's very similar to Barry M's Flamingo.

This was my favourite polish of the bunch. The colour was just so gorgeous, I absolutely loved it. It's a bit more green than the picture shows, but only a little bit more. I used two coats. I kept this one and only just took it off a few minutes ago.

 I popped into Superdrug again this week and spotted Essie's Matte About You. I had heard that this is one of the best matte top coats available and thought I'd pick up a bottle and give it a run. It cost £8.99 but it was worth every penny: I absolutely loved the end result. I put it on over the teal polish, above, and was so impressed by the result. In the picture it looks really blue, but it's actually very green.

Well that's it for now guys. Enjoy your weekend!

-M

2 comments:

  1. The yellow one does look pretty hideous!!
    The green one reminds me of their Emerald nail varnish.. the Teal one at the end looks so summery!!! Love Barry M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a great shade! Their emerald one is a bit more green, while the teal is a blue/green mix. I love Barry M polishes too, they're such great quality and they have such great shades!

      Delete